The Alliance on Aging for seniors in Monterey County, CERV of the Monterey Peninsula presents:
Fire Safety and PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff Preparedness
Two opportunities to participate!
Thursday October 15th, 2020 10:00 am -11:30 am Or
Thursday October 29th, 2020 10:00 am -11:30 am
Join Zoom Meeting link:
Meeting ID: 826 4644 5850
+1 669 900 9128
Making the time to plan and prepare makes a difference!
- Learn how to prevent a fire related emergency in your home
- Get information about the Ready, Set, Go Program developed by CAL FIRE
- Understand the major causes of home and wildfires and discuss how to respond during a fire
- Stay informed by signing up for Alert Monterey County and Nixle
- Learn how to create and maintain defensible space around your home
- Determine what Zone you currently live in and develop a Wildfire Action Plan
- Learn about air quality apps for your smart phone
- Gain a better understanding of PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- Develop a plan to prepare for multi-day power outages
- Learn how to enroll in the PG&E Medical Baseline Program
- Participants who complete the workshop will receive a headlamp and glow stick with whistle!
Ben Flores, Firefighter with the Seaside Fire Department will be available for Q & A
Please find a flyer for the Fire Safety PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff Preparedness workshop HERE.